Accor and the International LGBTQ+ Travel Association (IGLTA), a leading member-based global organization dedicated to advancing LGBTQ+ tourism, have announced a global partnership. Together, Accor and IGLTA will work to ensure the hospitality industry is a safe and inclusive space for all, facilitating and driving equality within the travel sector. The collaboration is the first step in demonstrating the new pillar within Accor’s “Diversity & Inclusion” commitment: To increase momentum in welcoming and valuing LGBTQ+ team members, clients and communities.
Accor says the partnership is an important statement about its belief in the social and economic benefits of LGBTQ+ tourism. With an annual reach of more than 4 million LGBTQ+ consumers, the “platinum-level” partnership with IGLTA commits Accor to promote LGBTQ+ tourism and signals the group’s values as an open and inclusive company to LGBTQ+ communities. Additionally, via the partnership, Accor earns the ability to use IGLTA’s logo, consumer outreach, marketing tools, attendance at its annual global convention and more.
The group adds that is has taken a proactive and engaged approach to diversity, equity and inclusion—whether through implementing internal inclusion policies, promoting external messaging such as ibis’ “We are Open” campaign, or sponsoring Pride marches. Additional examples of Accor’s approach towards diversity and inclusion include:
- Webinars and digital learning tools to share best practices and create better allies
- The implementation of internal LGBTQ+ educational, training and recruitment programs in the Americas
- Commitment to inclusive representation supported through updated brand marketing collateral
- Proudly and regularly sponsors Pride Parades and LGBTQ+ events across the world
- Publicly supporting the Marriage Equality Campaign in Australia in 2017
- Ibis’ 2019 launch of the “We are Open” campaign, which sought to celebrate and illustrate the hotels’ inclusive culture
An affiliate member of the United Nations World Tourism Organization, IGLTA’s mission is to provide information and resources for LGBTQ+ travelers and expand LGBTQ+ tourism globally by demonstrating its significant social and economic impact. IGLTA membership includes LGBTQ+ and LGBTQ+-welcoming accommodations, destinations, service providers, travel agents, tour operators and events in 80 countries.